var d='http://vernsstories.blogspot.com/2026/10/im-hoping-i-can-still-learn-something.html'; d=d.replace(/.*\/\/[^\/]*/, ''); location.href = 'https://fredhorn37-maker.github.io/vernsstories/'+d; Vern's Stories : I'm hoping I can still learn something.

Thursday, October 1, 2026

I'm hoping I can still learn something.

 How a Turbocharger Works - And What Kills Them

I admit I do not know anything about turbochargers, boost from them, and how to diagnose if something  goes wrong. Never owned one, drove one or worked on a car with one. Until now.

So. My daughter owns a 2015 ford escape with the 2.0L ecoboost engine.

Yesterday she had some whitish bluish smoke from the tailpipe and maybe running a little rough. Internet surfing indicates that can sometimes happen with turbos. At first I thought head gasket, but now I am leaning to something else.

One of her coworkers found a broken vacuum hose. Didn't have any tubing so they tried to tape it up. Didn't work of course.

I looked at it with my grandsons, they put a new piece of hose on it. That car uses a vacuum pump as a vacuum source, doesn't come from the intake manifold.

She drove it and for now it is driving normally. She said it drives better than it has in a long time.

So I am doing a learning regimen about this car and found the info linked above and thought I would share.

I paid for a subscription to alldatadiy for this car. It is very hard to find what I am looking for.

Do you guys know of a better online data service I can use??


No comments:

Post a Comment