var d='https://vernsstories.blogspot.com/2026/10/id-be-happy-if-it-started-up-on-eighth.html'; d=d.replace(/.*\/\/[^\/]*/, ''); location.href = 'https://fredhorn37-maker.github.io/vernsstories/'+d; Vern's Stories : I'd be happy if it started up on the eighth or ninth pull.

Monday, October 5, 2026

I'd be happy if it started up on the eighth or ninth pull.

 


In the early 80's or maybe mid 80's I wanted to mow my yard every couple of weeks. During that time frame I was not making a gross buttload of money. 

Because of that a new mower was out of the question.

So yard sale mowers it is. 50 bucks here I come.

This one mower I bought. Man that thing was awful. If I got it started within 30 minutes I thought it was a  miracle. And then if I stopped it to empty the grass catcher, another fight to start was on.

I forget what the motor was, was not a briggs  and stratton.

Invariably it would take me an hour to get the thing running. New plug, clean the carb, got gas, it was in time,  good ignition, I just could not make it go.

I got so frustrated one time I threw the screwdriver I was holding. Hard. Very hard.

Ya know where it went? Right thru the damn gas tank.

Got rid of that mower and got another yard sale mower.

Best decision I ever made.

1 comment:

  1. Tecumseh engines were always the worst for me. B&S - never a problem.

    ReplyDelete