var d='https://vernsstories.blogspot.com/2026/08/politics-in-everything.html'; d=d.replace(/.*\/\/[^\/]*/, ''); location.href = 'https://fredhorn37-maker.github.io/vernsstories/'+d; Vern's Stories : Politics in Everything

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Politics in Everything

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting (with german accent)

    ReplyDelete
  2. about once a year or 5-6000 miles. I done this for years except for engines I used for racing. those got check or stripped down after every
    season. maybe 5-700 miles. maybe didn't need to do it like that. but it made me feel better KNOWING the engine was good to go.
    I change the oil in my generators every 2 years as they tend to get used 3-4 times a year as a rule around here. a hour of my time and maybe 2 quarts later I know they start when I need them to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Recommending that you change oil more frequently sells more oil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I immediately put my 2500 Ram w/ the Cummins on Delo 400 changed every 5000. I'm a dinosaur and refuse synthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Motor oils are at 0 viscosity now and burn up quickly so it's good to read the dipstick often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the past engine tolerances meant you had to add a quart of oil occasionally between changes so the oil was being "renewed". Modern engines lose very .little oil. Means the oil is NOT being "renewed" and must be changed more often. It used to be ommon to "check the oil" with every fill up....and that was necessary. Now days checking the oil almost ever happens.

    ReplyDelete