Damn it's hot!
According to my phone's weather app it's 108°F outside at 4:47 PM.
And what is worse my air conditioner isn't keeping up as well as it should. It's trying to cool but I suspect my refrigerant level is low in my unit. The problem is this unit was manufactured in 1997 and I believe it contains R22 refrigerant which has been deemed verboten apparently.
Tomorrow morning when the weather has cooled down slightly from goddamn it's hot to to only screaming hot, I will climb up on the roof and visually inspect the condensing coils for cleanliness.
I do not expect the coils to be dirty because I cleaned them about two years ago maybe three years ago and there's no trees around them and it's not dirty and dusty et cetera et cetera et cetera. But I will wash them down just the same.
And tonight I will leave the unit running all night long at a lower temperature setting rather than shutting it off like is my normal procedure. My hope by doing this is that it will stay cooler for maybe 30 minutes to an hour longer tomorrow.
My phone is saying the temperature outside should get down to about 64° tonight hopefully that will help.
Wish me luck.
It's cheaper to leave it running.
ReplyDeleteAnd better for the unit.
Delete