Thursday, October 10, 2024

DIY Solar Power Station | Easy for beginner | 1200 Watts, REDODO 200AH ...

Natural disasters tend to shut off electric power to thousands of people. Just look at what Helene did, and Milton is doing now.

This guys video shows how to make a DIY home solar electric power station which will allow you to power up things like lights, radio, phone chargers, and even refrigerators and freezers.

The unit he is building in this video is 1200 watts, but I personally recommend a 3000 watt unit as your minimum. 

I have a small solar system at my house. I typically run a refrigerator and an upright freezer with it, but I can run a second refrigerator at the same time. I might have to unplug some of the units at night as I only have two 200AH batteries in the system.

I prefer this DIY power system rather than a generator. I might not be able to get fuel to run my generator. But if I work things right I can get sun to recharge my system regularly.

And if you are one of the lucky recipients of a FEMA electric chainsaw, you might be able to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment