Friday, August 14, 2020

Guess They Needed Some Money

This Story reminds me of a story my old boss told me. He and his wife started saving all of their coins in one of those 5 gallon water jugs that fit upside down on a water dispenser. This was back in the mid 1980's.

He said it took a few years to fill it up, expecially when, unknown to him, his kids would raid the thing for coins for the video games.
He said at one point it looked like the thing was going down instead of getting fuller.

When it got full, they had to roll the coins in wrappers, cause back them the banks didn't have the coin machines they have now. He bought a battery operated coin sorter, and he and his wife spent hours sorting the coins and wrapping them.

At the end, they had enough to take a cruise.  

I have a 4x4 plastic container on my night stand I put all my coins in. Takes a few months, but I get about $200 when it is full. 

I guess that's why we have a coin shortage.

No comments:

Post a Comment