Sunday, April 30, 2023

Mini Split Air Conditioning

 Solar Powered Air Conditioning

My free email comes with the price of free advertisements.

A company called Signature Solar keeps advertising there. Funny how that works. Visit a site you have never gone to and BAM! you are flooded with ads.

I typically ignore these advertisements, but this morning my shaking hands hit the wrong email to read. And I was intrigued by what I saw.

A 1 ton(12000 btu) minisplit A/C unit that can be powered by grid power OR directly by solar panels. Now that interests me because I am currently in the position of needing to replace a leaking swamp cooler.

Today I am going to liberally coat the inside of the cooler with black mastic tar in hopes of foregoing the inevitable until the fall.

Wish me luck.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Fred. Keep us apprised of your progress.
    We have enjoyed our mini split a/c we bought at your recommendation. Solar powered would be very cool too (no pun intended). Watch your damaged arm...don't push it too hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful that this is just another internet "to good to be true" ad.
    Also heal up so we can have two fisted comments :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI: Bondo does a great job of patching damaged water pans in the bottom of swamp coolers. I learned that from a former landlord who was even cheaper than me.

    ReplyDelete