Monday, September 2, 2024

An Oldie, But A Goodie

 One bright afternoon, an elderly woman named Violet was leisurely driving down the highway when she noticed flashing lights in her rearview mirror. Without a hint of worry, she calmly pulled over, and a young police officer approached her car.

Officer: "Ma'am, do you know why I stopped you?"
Violet: "Is there a problem, Officer?"
Officer: "Yes, ma'am. You were speeding."
Violet: "Ah, I see."
Officer: "May I see your driver’s license, please?"
Violet: "I’d show you, but I don’t have one."
Officer: "You don’t have one?"
Violet: "Nope. Lost it four years ago for drunk driving."
The officer blinked, surprised, but kept going.
Officer: "Can I see your vehicle registration papers?"
Violet: "I can’t do that."
Officer: "Why not?"
Violet: "Because I stole this car."
The officer’s eyes widened in shock.
Officer: "You… stole it?"
Violet: "Yes, and I killed the owner. His body parts are in the trunk if you want to check."
The officer’s face drained of color. He backed away from the car slowly and called for backup. Within minutes, the car was surrounded by police, and a senior officer, hand resting on his holstered gun, cautiously approached Violet.
Officer 2: "Ma’am, please step out of the vehicle."
Violet complied, stepping out with a gentle smile.
Violet: "Is there an issue, Officer?"
Officer 2: "One of my officers said you stole this car and killed the owner."
Violet: "Killed the owner? Goodness, no! Feel free to check the trunk if you’re worried."
The senior officer, still on edge, motioned for her to open the trunk. Violet did so, revealing nothing but an empty space where her groceries usually went.
Officer 2: "Is this your car, ma’am?"
Violet: "Yes, sir. Here are the registration papers."
The officer looked them over, growing more confused with each passing second.
Officer 2: "My officer also said you don’t have a driver’s license."
With a knowing smile, Violet reached into her handbag and pulled out her license, handing it over.
The officer stared at it, then back at her, utterly baffled.
Officer 2: "Everything checks out. I’m sorry, ma’am, but my officer reported that you didn’t have a license, that you stole this car, and even that you killed the owner."
Violet: (chuckling) "I bet that liar also told you I was speeding!"
May be an image of 1 person, car and road
All reactions:
24K

No comments:

Post a Comment