Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Pest Company

I have an issue with my pest control company.  I cancelled my service.  I got an invoice today for $69.00 for service they said they performed last Friday. They supposedly did my front yard, but not my backyard because the side gate was closed.  

Well no kiddin it was closed, because we weren't home.  They normally call me the day before service and let me know, but not this time.  My wife had bloodwork last Friday morning, then chemotherapy, so we were gone until about 2pm.

In addition to that, the last 2 services have not been up to my expectations.  The techs that were doing it before did a much better job. The kid they started having doing it, just seems to wander around. I thought I was paying to have the whole yard sprayed, but all they were doing was the perimiter of my house.

The owner of the company called and asked me how can we work this out. I told him I was too pissed off to work anything out. 

Anyway, I will look for another company.  I was doing it myself before, but because I was lazy it only got done about once per year, if I was lucky. 

Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. I had similar problems with the local pest control. I paid the exterminator, but the pump on the truck wouldn't start, so he said he'd come back. He didn't.
    When the called me for my next "servicing" I told them the story. They agreed to return, and do it all again. However, the scorpions returned after 32 days (30 day guarantee), and they wanted additional charges.
    I bought my own poison, sprayed outside perimeter and inside..didn't see a live scorpion for a year.
    How can you be sure they were even there?
    Trust me, they want your money, and will likely make nice. Does their spraying really help?
    A bag of Spectracide spread with a fertilizer spreader around your yard, kills almost everything.
    do-it-yourself-pest-control dot com is where you can get the good stuff; legally. I saved $170 a year by doing it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the thing, how do I know they were even here? In the past I always got an automated call to let me know the service date, but not this time. It irks me to receive a bill in the mail for services rendered, that I'm not sure they did.

    ReplyDelete