Friday, July 31, 2020

A Helluva Deal

On July 12, 2020 I placed an order with amazon, which I thought was a helluva deal. 

A quantity of 6 270 watt solar panels, for $1,221.94, plus tax and freight. I checked out the other sizes and quantities and all others amounted to more money per panel. So I chose the 6 panel option. I ordered them, and paid for them, and sat back to wait. And wait. And wait some more. 

Delivery scheduled for July 24 by 8pm. Helluva deal. They even gonna set em on the porch for me.

July 24 comes and goes, the amazon order says sorry, delivery is running behind schedule, now expected between now and july 31. Delivery is usually one day after they were expected.

So I click on track package, and it says package has shipped, and gives me a tracking number with something called CEVA. Apparently they ship stuff.

Wellp, found the CEVA tracking page, insert the number and it says sorry no such number found.

Well crap.  I forget where, but I found a phone number for CEVA. I called it and went thru the process to punch numbers to tell them what I want, and I sit back to wait. And wait. And wait for 40 minutes, with no end in sight, no disconnected voice to say you are number such and such in line, no one saying your call is important to us, just music. So I hang up.

And call back, go thru the process(thinking this time someone will immediately answer the phone) and wait and wait and wait for another 40 minutes, just music.  So I get on amazon and find a place to live chat with a representative, and it says would you like us to call you, like RFN? And I say sure.  And this guy calls me RMFN, and he is some pakistani or hindustani or something and you can tell he is just about out of his gourd with frustration, you can hear it in his voice.

So I explain the situation to him and he says Let me check the tracking number. Then comes back and says the tracking number doesn't show up. Then he says thats all I can do, or do  you want me to call the shipper? I say yes, thinking he has this magical hotline to the shipper. Well guess what, he gets to call the same number I do. And we wait and wait and wait some more. After about 15 minutes I tell him thanks, and hang up. 

So here it is July 31 at 3:41 pm and no solar panels. Click on track package and it says Now Expected Today. And I think to myself,  Probably by 8pm.

So I will sit here and wait.















2 comments:

  1. If you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all! I feel for ya man! A Rod from God would be too merciful for some companies and people...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, kinda like hee haw, gloom despair and agony for me.

      Delete