Monday, April 18, 2022

My sentiments exactly

 I found this over at Grouchy Old Cripple

I completely forgot today was tax day until I stopped by his site and read his take on it. Which is below. I thought it appropriate enough to share with you guys.

Tax Day

So Tax Day has come and gone. I spent Easter with my sister and had to hear her piss and moan about having to send the gummint a bunch of money. If only more people would piss and moan about that. Then we could get rid of the RINOs and Dimocrats and restore some fiscal sanity to gummint spending.

Back when Neal Boortz was still on the air, every Tax Day, he would challenge his listeners to ask friends, relatives, and coworkers how much they had to pay in taxes. Of course the answer would be, “I didn’t pay anything. I got money back.”

That’s the scam that is withholding. You overpay the gummint in taxes and then they send you some of your money and you think it’s a gift. You’ve just given the gummint an interest free loan.

Since I’m a SRF© and get a lot of my income from investments, I have no withholding other than my pension and my 401-K withdrawal. So, I have to pay quarterly estimated taxes. I usually am able to get it pretty close so I wind up owing the gummint a few hundred dollars on Tax Day. If you owe too much they penalize you.

I would like to see withholding abolished and move Tax Day to election day. I would like to see how the election would turn out if all taxpayers had to write a check to the gummint before they went to vote. Remember, the Republicans are in on this scam as well. They have no problem passing huge spending bills. Look at the Bush 43 days. That’s why the RINOs were against the Tea Party.

I’m dreaming. None of that will happen. Both parties will continue to spend us into oblivion.

We’re doomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment