Saturday, November 26, 2022

Now, dangit, this is going too far.

 Dangit, there is apparently a shortage of Vienna Sausage.

I haven't seen anything in print about it, but I cannot find Vienna Sausage. 

I generally buy them at Dollar General but they haven't had any in about 2 months. Except for a couple cans of jalapeno flavored or some other crap. I just want the plain ones.

I won't (willingly) shop at walmart, they pissed me off 3 decades ago. But other stores such as target and a local high dollar grocery store don't have them either. 

Anyway. I eat them for an afternoon snack. And don't go gettin all squeamish on me, I know they are made out of stuff. Don't care. I like 'em.

They are filling. Combine that with a small apple pie or cherry pie, coffee or cold soda! Man, what a snack!

15 comments:

  1. OMG, No Vienna sausage. Institute a FEM (Field Expedient Modification). Open a can of SPAM and carve it into the sausage shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add a couple of shakes of hot sauce to the can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purdy gal with the potty mouth has them all. They're just a bit firmer than the flaccid weiner she was complaining about.
    Deathray

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stocked up on spam vienna sausage and treet sardines last year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stock up on vienna's but then I eat them, so gotta keep stockin up.

      Delete
    2. When I was younger I worked with a bunch of old farts that had been wrenching for forty plus years and there was this old guy who loved those damned Vienna Sausages.
      There was a convection oven in the break area and he used to stick a can in there and warm them up every day. One day he forgot to open up the can first and got distracted doing something and forgot about it being in the oven. Everyone heard a loud POP and turned to each other asking what that was. It didn't take long for the stink of hot Vienna Sausage to envelope the entire area.
      It took him half an hour of scrubbing to clean that oven out and that stink didn't go away for a week.
      Haven't been a fan ever since.

      Delete
    3. I believe that would do me in too. I have never heated them up, and now I never will.

      Delete
  5. I managed to get a couple of six packs of plain ones at the grocer a while back, along with a couple cans of Spam..for when the fruitcake runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The old joke goes that only cockroaches and fruitcakes will survive a nuclear war, but the cockroaches will starve to death because they won't eat the fruitcakes either...something like that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have heard that one before. Roaches and fruitcake? Anybody know how to write songs? That would make a good one!

      Delete