Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Politicians Lie

 Some years back we had a county supervisor election. The guy running in my area came by my house and I talked to him and he sounded like my kind of guy.

We talked about the housing development that had already been approved. There was supposed to be a tradeoff of water so that draw from the aquifer remained neutral. 

He said he would ensure that. I should have listened to my misgivings.

Fast forward and the housing development is partially built and has residents.

But nobody can tell me where the water that is supposed to be put back in the aquifer from the canal is being put back in. And this supervisor is apparently running for a new office. 

So now what? Was the tradeoff a lie? Is the aquifer that supplies my water still being drawn down without replenishment as they agreed to?

I will try to contact my new "controller" and see if he can figure it out. 

This is why I will not vote anymore unless I can vote for someone like Trump, DeSantis, or Abbot. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when they Retired the weather stations out in the national parks and other places removed from the Heat Dome of the cities. They admitted they were going to replace them with stations in places that would report higher temperatures, But, they were also going to Adjust those readings down, to Compensate for the inaccuracies that putting a station on a roof where the AC hot air vents.
    Did They lie? Aside from their solution being a physical impossibility.
    Hell Yeah they lied.

    ReplyDelete