Sunday, May 17, 2020

Can a DIY Air Purifier Work?

I found this over at Smart Air Filters. Hey, if I can save a few bucks by taping a filter to a fan, why not? Uncle Sam sure isn't giving me a break on taxes in this Covid Fiasco. And neither is gallant governor newsom.

I use a hepa type return air filter in my central a/c and heating unit, seems to help. 


How to Make a DIY Air Purifier

I'm on a quest to make a DIY air purifier. Step one was my research into how different filters work. Based on that, I concluded that a HEPA filter is all you really need to make an effective air purifier and fight particulate air pollution somewhere like China or India. Given the fact fancy air purifiers run for 8,000 RMB in Beijing, or 100,000 INR in Delhi and most people don't have that kind of money, I thought I'd try making my own DIY air purifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment