Monday, August 9, 2021

Sanchez was shopping at the Costco with his family and holding his 1 1/2-year-old son when he was struck from behind by French, according to authorities. The two apparently didn’t exchange words before that.

Ex-LAPD officer arrested, charged in off-duty fatal shooting at Corona Costco: California AG 

Let me say upfront i do not like law enforcement. As far as I am concerned there are double standards for them. They don't have to follow the same law as I do.

With that being said, I do not think this police officer should have been charged with anything. It kind of looks like the california attorney general is playing political games because the guy was a cop. 

He was physically attacked and knocked down,while holding his young child. I am not sure if he was knocked unconscious. When he got up he pulled his gun and shot, thinking he was defending the life of his young child and himself.

The way I look at it, if someone knocks me down I am going to defend myself with maximum force. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. agreed...until one of us can no longer stand up..no rules in a fight like that.
    if he was no longer a policeman, why is referred to as "off duty"?
    If he's ex police, then he's a common citizen; yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at the time he was a policeman, and he either quit or something after that. Not certain. But in any event, if the guy killed was supposedly schizophrenic or something, his parents should have had better control of him or left him at home.

      Delete