Monday, August 9, 2021

This Reminds Me

 


What reminds me is not the text of the meme above, but the guy pointing to his hand, as if to say, fill it with money sucka!

The lovely Mrs. Vern and I had just left her doctors appointment. 
Side Note: The doctor said her cancer is no bigger than it was 2 months ago, and she is off chemo for another 2 months. Thank you Jesus.

So we stopped at a local atm to get some much needed cash, since we were going to the grocery store to get eats for a small bash we are having tomorrow night. My oldest granddaughters boyfriend is leaving for the army on the 23rd and we are having a small sendoff.

So I told the machine how much I wanted which was the max, and it delivered my green goodness dollars to my hand.

So now to the reminding part. I backed out of the parking spot, a/c blaring on full cause it's hot, put car in drive to go forward. Then this homeless man nonchalantly strolls towards the car, his left hand in the air, rubbing his fingers together and mouthing the word money. 
Sonofabitch! I. Am. Speechless. Mouth opening and closing like I'm gasping for air, trying to formulate words to yell at this guy. 

I mean he literally was rubbing his fingers together in the gesture for money. I have never in my life seen begging that blatant.

I just mouthed at him Fuck no. And drove off. 


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your wife is doing OK..a healthy wife is a happy wife, and in the end, that's really what's most important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great luck to your wife!

    As to money? This past spring I had just parked my car at the supermarket when a guy walked towards me. "Excuse me, sir, could you buy me a Dunkin Donuts coffee?"

    As though he was entitled to it from me.

    ReplyDelete