Sunday, March 10, 2024

Sunday Night

 I am still perusing craigs list and facebook marketplace to see if there is a vehicle I absolutely cannot live without.

I haven't found one yet, but I did find a 96 ford f450 with a flatbed for $2300. Needs an Injector Driver Module. Kind of interesting.

But the post says, "Can not be registered in California."

Now wtf is that all about.

Why would you post for sale, in california, a vehicle which you know cannot be registered in California?

Boggles the mind.

I would like to say "And, in other news, we have this..." But I don't have any other news. Unless you wanna hear about my fries and pinto beans and Miller Hi Life I had for supper. Nah.

So, good Sunday night. See you tomorrow. I hope.


  1. I'm thinking it's a 7.3 diesel, with modifications that don't meet California laws and from what I've found, the modules are less than $500. The price seems too low, but maybe someone is getting rid of a headache they can't afford, needs the money, or has a significant other setting a boundary.

    1. The price does seem low, compared to others I have seen.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. "Cannot be sold in California" usually means it won't pass smog, either because of malfunction, or because it as modified beyond repair. There are allotta people who will travel to California from AZ, NV, and the like to buy vehicles to register in their non-communist home states.

    I had to replace the "FICM" (Fuel Injection Control Module) in my '04 F250. Other than being in a crappy place where I needed to work by Braille, it wasn't a big deal. I actually just bought the card in the module; not the whole box. It's a BITCH to remove all the goop they put in there for vibration dampening, but after that it's just a few solder connections. Doing his saved me a few hundred bucks.

    1. I did not know you could buy the circuit board only.