Sunday, July 5, 2020

How Many Cars are in the United States?

An article at Zero Hedge is talking about car fleet sales are predicted to decrease by 56%. Thats a hell of a decrease.

And that makes me wonder, how many cars are in the United States? Everywhere I look, I see used car lots, and new car lots, and they are all chock full of vehicles. Then I look at the streets and I see millions of vehicles being driven around.

So I wonder, why not stop making cars and trucks? A new nationwide industry could spring up, revamping older cars and trucks. Heck, there are enough vehicles around to last us at least a hundred years. Look at cuba, isn't older vehicles all they have?

Article is at Zero Hedge.

4 comments:

  1. Around 270 million vehicles :) Damn.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/183505/number-of-vehicles-in-the-united-states-since-1990/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like a 1973 Ford LTD, Brougham Station Wagon with a 351 Cleveland. beefed up tranny and a tow package. I could go for a good factory recondition car. I had one and loved it. I would like another one. I am partial to Station Wagons if ya couldn't tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that. Those were good cars. All cars built in that era were good cars. Well, I take that back. Most cars, not all

      Delete