Thursday, August 5, 2021

Dollar General Trip

 My wife and I decided to splurge tonight and went down to taco bell. In my younger days, I swear, every time I went to taco bell I got the runs. Never failed.

But that changed. Anyway, on the way home we decided to stop at dollar general and pick up a few canned goods to fill some prep buckets. 

Great big sign as you walk in says, Cash Only, Only One Register Open.

Cash only, thats about all I ever use. But just as we walked in, this young thing, couldn't have been over 19, walks up to me from the inside of the store, and just as bold as brass says, You got a dollar you could give me?

And my immediate response is no. And keep on walkin. And I think it's a good thing my grandson isn't with me, he might've been a gone gator.

We get done shopping, get in line, only one register, cash only. FOUR people in front of us had to stop their transactions. The guy rang everything up and these people tried to use their card. I wonder what part of the big freakin sign saying CASH only could they not read. 

So we stand in line some more while we wait on this guy to go put some ice cream back in the freezer. 

Get up there and putting the stuff up, and he starts counting the items, makes a note on a pad and his calculator and says what you got there is 36 dollars. I look at him and say are you doing this on a calculator and not the register?

And he says yeah, but we got IT working on it. Oh Boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment