Saturday, October 16, 2021

Government, Leave My Sodium Alone

 FDA announces plan to tamp down sodium consumption in U.S. diets

I wish government would stay out of my business. I know they do some things that actually help to protect people, but this ain't one of 'em.

I can look at the food ingredients on the label and either buy or not buy it based upon what the label says. I don't need gov't to limit my sodium intake to help prevent diseases like hypertension and cardiovascular disease that disproportionately impact racial and ethnic minority groups, often resulting in hundreds of thousands of lives lost and billions in annual health care costs.

I can do that myself thank you very much. And I'm not racial or ethnic so leave me alone.

2 comments:

  1. Someone might mention that sodium [salt] has been used for thousands of years to preserve food safely . I doubt it would help though .

    ReplyDelete