Tuesday, October 24, 2023

My trip to Dollar General.

 I drove over to lowe's this morning to get some stuff.

On the way home I stopped in at a dollar general store. I had a list of about 20 items or so. This dollar general is larger than the one by me, has lots more food stuff, and has more space in the aisles to walk thru.

I usually never go there, because it is quite far away and I don't want to make a special trip. But today I was coming back that way, so it was the two birds with one stone kind of thing.

When I got there, no shopping carts were in the storage racks outside. I went inside and guess what? No shopping carts were inside. They had about 4 of the handheld baskets, but no way I was gonna put everything I wanted in a basket, even if i used 4 of them.

Found a clerk and asked about the carts. She said they had no carts because they kept getting stolen.

This store is notorious for having no shopping carts. I told her to tell the manager she should get some carts. The clerk said "it's YOUR community" that is the reason there are no carts.

MY community? I don't live here and I'm not of the melanin enhanced color she was talking about.

So I drive on over to the dollar general by me. This store is convenient for me because it is less than a mile from my house. But it is a very small store, has limited fresh food items, limited grocery items of any sort, and they are ALWAYS stocking the store. 

Stocking carts are ALWAYS in the way, today 3 or 4 aisles were completely blocked by stocking carts.

They had almost half of my list, so I got what I could. I also got the regional managers phone number and called her about the carts. 

She told me the store manager over there told her that 20 carts were delivered to her store YESTERDAY.

Huh. Hell of a thief that steals 20 carts in one night.

4 comments:

  1. Between the homeless who steal carts to carry their junk and the tweakers who steal them to sell for scrap metal to unscrupulous recyclers for Meth money it's surprising there are carts anywhere in most locales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to get some those geofenced carts. Wheels lock up when they leave the store lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting with your dollars seems like a passive thing, but it's very active. I encourage you to practice it every day in every way. Don't like Mobil, buy your gas at a hess station. Don't like DG, shop at Piggly Wiggly.
    It's like bitching about google oppressing you while linking to a jootoob video. D'uh.... You just paid your oppressor! Stop buying at amazon, stop supporting businesses you don't like. IT ACTUALLY WORKS! (*ask Bud Light*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was living in Europe you needed a Euro coin to unlock the "Shopping trolly" and you got the coin back when you put it back where you got it.

    ReplyDelete