Friday, July 3, 2020

Nationwide Coin Shortage?

What the heck? Coin shortage? How do you have a coin shortage? Is that even possible? 

Looks like the powers that be are using the covid crisis to push us further towards a cashless society.

"A lot of people like the speed and efficiency of cashless payments, but what people need to understand is that a system that is entirely cashless would allow governments and financial institutions to monitor us, track us and control us like never before.
It has often been said that “cash means freedom”, and the total abolition of physical cash would be a major blow to everyone that still loves liberty"

2 comments:

  1. I must admit I hoard coins until my cable weenie gets full at about $1000 bucks and then I use a dolly to take it to the Credit Union to cash in... then a week long camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I empty my pockets of change daily into a 4x4 plastic container. When it gets full, to the credit union I go. Usually about 250 dollars or so.
    Some years ago my employer told me him and his wife started filling one of those 5 gallon water jugs. At that time none of the banks had coin sorters and they had to roll and wrap all of those. Said they got over 2 grand out of it. So they went on a cruise. Nice.

    ReplyDelete