Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Shortage of Cars? I Don't Think So, Tim.

This Article talks about how there is a shortage of new cars due to the slowdown of manufacture caused by The Covid. I'm not sure i believe that. Every new car lot i drive by here locally is chock full to overflowing. Or at least that is how it appears to me.

It also says there is a shortage of used cars.

I call bullshit on that. Recently i was helping my grandson look for a used vehicle. We finally settled on a 1998 ford expedition with high miles for $3500.  And that was a good buy.

Prices of used cars have risen, apparently caused by the Covid hysteria. I frankly couldn't believe the high prices people wanted for used trucks. Holy hell, trucks of 1988 vintage were priced up around 10 grand.

I am of the opinion that we could cease manufacture of all new vehicles, and this country would have enough cars to last about 300 years. Might not be new, but they could still be driveable.

Hell, look at cuba. Isn't that what they do with their vehicles? Repair them until they can't be repaired anymore, and then repair them again. 



2 comments: