Tuesday, October 5, 2021

My Wife Ordered a Book on Amazon

The seasonal price hike -- which lasts until Dec. 26 -- goes hand in hand with delivery slowdowns that began Oct. 1. The rate increases and shipping delays are all a part of the Postal Service's plan to stabilize its finances that have taken a downward turn over the past decade and the ongoing pandemic burdens. The USPS started raising its postage prices this summer with stamps, envelopes and more.

 My wife and I live in Madera california, which is north of fresno california about 30 miles, give or take. It is south of Reno NV about 6 hours, north of los angeles about 4 hours, south of sacramento calif about 3 hours.

This book has been well traveled, and is still not here.

It shipped on Wed. Sept 29 from Indiana. Via United States Post Office

Arrived in  Las Vegas Saturday 2:44 am Oct 2.

Left Las Vegas 5:08 pm that day.

Arrived Sunday Oct 3 in Los Angeles 9:21 am.

Left Los Angeles monday at 3:56 am. Oct 4.

Arrived in Carson Calif. in Los Angeles county at 4:27 am

Ended up back in LA and left there at 8:12 am Oct 4.

Arrived 10:20 am Santa Clarita just north of LA

Arrived at 6:42 pm in Sacramento calif. Oct. 4

Arrived in Reno NV at 9:36 pm yesterday Oct 4.

As far as we know it is still in Reno. They had to physically drive by my house to get to sacramento. One way they drove would be 4 miles from my house. If they came a different way it would 200 feet from my house.

 My mail gets delivered from the Madera office. They physically drove past the madera office, about 400 feet, to get to sacramento. 

And they are raising prices on stamps to 58 cents? They are also raising package prices and obviously delivering slower.

How does delivering slower help to stabilize their finances? They are obviously doing some of their work 2 and 3 times each piece of mail. 


4 comments:

  1. I ordered some pipe tobacco from a Boston company about 10 days ago. A day later the company emailed me with the message: "It's in the mail". Here I sit in Western NC still waitin'. I'm getting my USPS mail later and later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, supposedly they are cutting costs by delivering slower. Strange.

      Delete
  2. It's how it works. Inefficiency is not considered because there's no profit to be made, and bureaucracy dictates thinking only inside the box. When political corruption is added, and the bloat of government, it's a wonder a single piece of mail is ever delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sell stuff on eBay. For a year now I have watched.the items I sell often be routed in the opposite direction of the recipient. For a while almost everything I shipped USPS went to New Jersey before going toward its destination address. Makes you wonder if it isn't deliberate in an effort to cause problems. Kind of like during the government shutdown during Obama when he was closing things that had no need of being closed (national parks, etc) that cost more to close than to operate. Doing it to spite the American public.

    ReplyDelete