Saturday, February 26, 2022

Experts

 I swear. The socalled experts in this country have gotta be dumbass democrats. 

I am helping my daughter and her husband with their rooftop heating unit that has quit. I have troubleshot the problem down to the control board(I think). And this is after the hvac technician got it going and then it quit that night. 

He quoted some pricing for repair parts that are absolutely astronomical.

So I have been looking online for manuals and info on the unit and came across a place that has hvac technicians online to answer your questions. As it turns out they want to charge a fee for that, but if they were to correctly answer my questions(because I am not the expert) I am willing to pay that fee.

The problem arises because I am working on a rooftop heating unit, and guess which expert the page I was on wanted to transfer me to? 

A small engine expert.

A small engine expert??? What the actual EFF???

Why would the socalled expert assistant transfer me to a small engine expert? She had to be a damn democrat.

2 comments:

  1. I'm an old farm boy that has cobbled together lots of machinery and such. When the outside heat-exchanger was acting all uppity; the repair guy said, 1) you just need more freon; (second trip)2) Hm; must need a cleaning and more freon (third trip)3) I'm kinda stumped but I think you need a new $6000 dollar heating system.....
    No sirree bob I said; you need to replace that burnt controller switch right there on the unit control panel.....
    Oh, you're right he said....
    Been two years without problems. Don't try to sell me new parts every time you come out here! It just proves to me that you are a shyster and are ripping off regular folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These guys are telling my daughter it's cheaper to buy a new unit because the parts are expensive. Dang right they are expensive. They are quoting 5 times for the part than i can buy them on amazon. Markup is one thing, but dang.

      Delete