Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Miscellaneous for Today

 I went with my wife this morning to her eye exam. Her prescription has changed slightly and new eye wear is on order.

They said it will take about 6 weeks to get the new eyeglasses. Holy smokes, it only used to take 2 weeks max.

On the way out we walked past their version of a taco truck. Only it wasn't tacos they were selling, it was some kind of millenial crapola.

On the hand written chalk board they had for sale something called an Acai bowl. What the hell is that?

The thing that really caught my eye though, and caused to laugh hard for quite a while, was something for sale called an Oreo Mud Pot.

I stopped and read the ingredients. This thing contains: crushed eggs, bananas, strawberries, and chocolate syrup. I believe this was a smoothie, but I am not sure.

I am glad I am not a youngster growing up in this day and age. I would hate to be exposed to all this pussified bullcrap at such a tender age.

We stopped by the high dollar grocery store on the way home. My wife pointed out several items that sold for $0.99 just a couple months ago, now they are $2.29.

On the radio today someone was talking about gas prices in a town not too far from us. Gas was $3.79 pg at a small store but I could not find out where. Then the radio host was talking about Costco selling gas at $4.09 pg. And I just shook my head. Where I usually get gas it is $4.299 pg. I don't use enough gas anymore to make it worthwhile to look for cheaper gas.


2 comments:

  1. The therapist isn't being honest, it is a shit show of the first order! Damn, I am paying 3.04 a gallon and you can get discount cards at grocery stores that on some days it is 10 cents off that price. Sucks to live in Commiefornia. I wouldn't eat anything at a hipster restaurant, as far as that goes I wouldn't be caught dead in one and the only way that will happen is s bomb outside blows me in...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to have our special blend here doncha know. Years ago we had to have something called mtbe in our gas and that caused a special kind of shitshow when it caused all the storage tanks to start leaking.

      Delete