Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Credit Agencies Suck

What a buncha crap!

I get an email from experian saying I had an unauthorized credit inquiry on my credit. No idea how they got my email address.

Says to login to your account to see the details.

Except I don't have an account to login to.

So I find their phone number and call them. Yeah right. No amount of asking to speak to a person gets you a person.

I tried their way by speaking into the phone and giving them the info they asked for, but it just kept going back around to the beginning asking for info.

Ugh. No amount of saying let me talk to a person  helped, they kept hanging up on me.

Buncha friggin asssholes.

I don't like new laws, but this situation requires a law shutting down and prohibiting credit report agencies.

 

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure it was even from Experian?? Scammers are getting more and more sophisticated, and with VOIP now standard it is hard to be sure where a phone call actually goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. I went to their website and found several numbers to call. But not live person it was always automated.

      Delete
  2. Scam. Just delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scam. They would never send that type of email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Experian and Credit karma are becoming much more than credit reporting...they now do insurance, and are pushing apps to "watch your subscriptions".
    Don't be fooled. It's a data harvesting scam, that will not end...but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete