Sunday, July 7, 2024

Holy Fajitas it is hot.

 The weather app on my phone says the temp is 106°F at 1:20 pm. This is a pic of my harbor freight thermometer on my patio in the shade. Yesterday got to 109, to day is scheduled to be 113.

And my a/c unit is struggling. The lowest I can get it to go is a little over 80. If I lower it to 78 it never shuts off. As in NEVAR.

So this morning I went on my roof and made an attempt to clean my a/c coils. They are now cleaner than they were, but not clean enough. I hope the little I did helped out, because I almost had heat stroke doing it. Had to lay down for a couple of hours after.

I have a portable a/c unit in my computer room slash hideout. I keep it running but it's a small unit and doesn't help much. 

Yesterday the portable ac unit kicked off, the computer also and the tv in the front room where my granddaughter was. Then it immediately came back on.

I thought we lost power to the house, but after checking my digital clock I found out otherwise. The digital clock flashes when it loses power, but it still had the correct time.

So I suspected just the breaker for this area, but it didn't trip and stay off. So now I'm wondering wtf is going on.

I check out my breaker panel and none of the breakers are tripped, and none of them were hot. Hot was determined by touching them.

So I guess I will just keep em going and hope like hell they stay on.

In any event, when my next electric bill comes, I am going to be scared to open it.





3 comments:

  1. House breakers don't reset themselves. Likely you lost one leg of the 240 from the utility.

    If you really need cooling, set a sprinkler to spray on your ac unit coils,.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that suggestion. I am going to do that.

      Delete
  2. Do you have aluminum wire at your breakers? We used to loose a circuit now and than as the expansion and contraction of the wire made the screws get loose at the circuit breakers.

    ReplyDelete