Monday, May 11, 2020

Hummingbird

Yesterday evening, I was in the front yard with my extremely old dog Joleen. (Named for the Dolly Parton song.) She was farting around as usual, sniffing for the latest scents, when a hummingbird started zipping around the front yard. Startled me for a second. It would hover about 3 feet off the ground, then zoom, it's gone about 10 feet then hovers again, then zoom, it's gone. It flitted about the front yard for about 5 minutes, but I couldn't get a good photo of it.

We have a boxwood by the front window, and the bees and hummingbirds like to be all over it when it is in bloom.  I have seen up to 3 birds at one time, which for us is a lot of birds.  

Meanwhile Joleen is over by the barditch trying to see who has been there lately, then she squats and pees over it to show them whos boss.  Kinda like nancy pelosi.

I guess I shouldn't insult Joleen that way. 

3 comments:

  1. I saw our first Hummy here in Northern Idaho. I like the song "Jolene" Good name for your dog. I have an ankle biter I inherited from my ex wife named Guido, a 11.5 year old Chihuahua female. Best trade I ever made... I agree with you Fred about equating your dog with that inbred, mouth wash drinking, botoxed speaker of not my House with your sweet Old dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. Dogs are much more sanitary than that old hag.

    ReplyDelete