Thursday, July 8, 2021

Everyday Carry Items---I Grew tired of Political Posts

 Do you have certain items you carry with you everyday? 

I do. Every day I carry a complete set of keys to my house and all of my cars, one set in each front pocket of my pants.  As a sidenote, the only time I have ever locked myself out of my car(after I started carrying 2 sets of keys) is when I left my spare set of keys on my bedroom dresser. I was 136 miles away from my dresser when I did that.

The reason I started carrying 2 sets of keys is about 40 years ago I went out on a cold morning to start my vehicle to warm up and STUPIDLY locked the car door behind me while it was running. At that time I STUPIDLY had zero spare keys to my car. A locksmiths bill a couple of hours later and I was on the road.

I carry my wallet with my drivers license and credit cards in my rear pocket at all times.

Another thing I carry in my pockets is a bic lighter, and a ballpoint pen. On my belt I have a Leatherman Fuse multitool, which I use many times per day. Maybe not so many now that I am retired. I also carry an Energizer flashlight on my belt, and a Buck 110 folding knife. The flashlight I use constantly because my eyes are definitely getting worse, no matter how many carrots I eat. I have some Amazon Basics  AA rechargeable batteries I use. I keep one pair charged up and waiting, then swap them out as required.

One other thing I try to have with me at all times is a pair of Solar Shield sunglasses, the type that fit over my eyeglasses. I have found that if I go out into sunlight for a few minutes then come back into the relatively darker house, I can't see shit for a while until my eyes readjust.

And the final thing I have with me at all times is my smartphone. I can't believe how attached I am to this thing. I get very few phone calls, but I text a lot with my wife, daughters and grandchildren. 

So, do you everyday carry? If so, what do you carry?


8 comments:

  1. Simple 4G flip phone in left pocket, a Leatherman Crunch multi-tool, Nitecore LE Tiki flashlight (charges with USB to computer) and a SAK Mini-Champ on my keychain. I wallet keep a Capri-Sun mylar envelope with top cut off to carry a small glass of water anywhere I choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought about the capri sun. I might start that.

      Delete
    2. Electric water coolers are very common, but the ability to use the envelope to carry a drink to your spouse waiting in line are Brownie points.

      Delete
  2. When I go out and about I carry: One TracFone LG flip turned off in left. One wallet with ccards, license and about $5 in cash in back right pocket. Full set of keys in front right pocket and, Oh Yea a Springfield Armory XDS/40 and 2 spare mags on belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Calif. I can't carry. Wish I could.

      Delete
  3. Try putting your wallet in your front pocket, especially while sitting. I keep keys to cars on separate rings w/ a house key on each. I carry a small one battery light that I use several times a day. A folding knife. I use my smart phone to look stuff up more than as a phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My phone is mainly used for texting, or trying to call a vendor to find a part for my car or something.

      Delete