Friday, July 2, 2021

Older Age

 An 80-year-old man was in for his annual check-up and the doctor was impressed by his condition. The doctor asked, “To what do you attribute your good health?” The old timer said, “I’m a golfer. That’s why I’m in such good shape. I’m on the tee as soon as it’s daylight.” The doctor said, “Well, I’m sure that helps, but there must be more than that. How old was your father when he died?” “Who said my father’s dead?” “What? You’re 80 and your dad’s still alive? How old is he?” “He’s 100! He’s a golfer, too. In fact, we played this morning.” “Well, that’s great, but there must be more than that. How about your grandfather? How old was he when he died?” “Who said my grandpa’s dead?” “What?! You mean your grandfather’s still alive, too? How old is he?” “119.” The doctor began to think he was being kidded. “So I suppose he went golfing with you this morning, too?” “No, Grandpa couldn’t go today; his new wife wouldn’t let him.” “New wife? Why would a man 119 years old want to get married?” “Who said he wanted to?”

No comments:

Post a Comment