Monday, November 8, 2021

Apparently Nobody Understands the 2nd Amendment

 Supreme Court debates balance between public safety, self-defense in N.Y. gun rights case

I do not understand why this is so difficult to understand. The 2nd amendment is clear, it is specific. 

"shall not be infringed."

What is so difficult about that? It means all gun control laws are unconstitutional. It means NO ONE can make a law prohibiting me you or God Almighty from owning, carrying, and using a gun. Or a knife for that matter.

No local government. No state government. And certainly no federal government. 

NO ONE.


3 comments:

  1. I have dealt with people who hyperventilate over the first part

    : "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

    Because they don't understand it and somehow decided it means that only people in a militia are included.
    I'm not going pretend I totally get it. But one thing I Am certain of is that the men who wrote it didn't write a self contradictory amendment into it.
    And it clearly states

    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Then they want to expand the restrictive gun laws Because there already exist Unconstitutional laws now.

    Whoever said Ya can't fix stupid had it right.

    Anyone who can help me understand the first part, I would appreciate that.


    the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The militia at that time was only able bodied men between the ages of 16?? and 40?? or something like that.Are they trying to say only white men of those ages can carry arms? Try telling that to my wife. And who are the people? The citizens. Including men, women, and children. The whole of the population. So that means everyone can keep and bear arms.

      Delete
  2. I do not know about other folks or SCOTUS but my rights are not granted by any paper no matter who signed it or why. My rights are unalienable as a civil and moral human . The government instituted by we the people is limited in its scope and actions , not we the people.Shall not be infringed used to be the law until they decided they needed to be safe from us for what they do to us.

    ReplyDelete