Thursday, December 23, 2021

Update to my doorknob story

 I recently wrote about a smaller than normal size doorknob I was looking for.

Turns out that no one makes doorknobs of that size anymore. So what I wound up doing is getting the normal 2 1/8 doorknob, and I took an 8lb sledge hammer and drove it in.

Well, I didn't do that. But that makes for a better story.

I inserted the latch portion, and trimmed out some of the excess wood to make it fit. Then I saw that if I took a small round file I could simply file a slot in the door to accomodate the screw pin? support? hole?  Once I did that it was easy peasy japanesy. Slid right in, works like it is supposed to. If I wasn't so lazy I would have done that to begin with.



Anyway, that is done.

So Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things that really make us happy.
    Merry Christmas, Fred!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me happy. Merry Christmas to you to EX!!

      Delete