Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Are Prices Going up Dramatically Before Christmas? Get Your Food Stuffs Now.

 I hope I am just being a chicken little crying the sky is falling and nothing will happen. But a few bloggers I visit daily appear to be of the same mind as I am. 

I think prices for just about everything is going to rise soon. I have noticed both INflation and SHRINKflation here locally. 

Due to the covid coof and lockdowns and just plain lazy people, our supply chain is slowly tightening. Quite a few places appear to be getting slow delivery of their orders. A part I have had on order since June 1 has been getting delayed. Last projection is I will have it on 20 Sept. 

Which this year will be my 46th wedding anniversary. Damn time flies don't it?

Here are links to a couple of posts I think you will find interesting:

On A More Serious Note…

Shortages And 30-50% Price Hikes, Are You Ready For This? Because It’s Coming Soon

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on 46th wedding anniversary. Give the Missus a hug for me.

    People who I consider far more informed than I am are very, very concerned. Materials that used to be almost as common as dirt...commodity materials...are at zero inventory levels at their main suppliers.

    Remember the order: Bourbon, beans, bullets, bandages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Four B's. Wasn't that a hit group back in the 60's?
      And I will definitely hug her!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations. Nice to see another couple who have stayed with it for the long haul. The lovely missus and I are coming up on 48 in January...

    Eggs just went up $.50/dozen here last week and are expected to rise even more in the coming weeks. Dairy products are getting in short supply. Meat is going into the range where only the well off can afford to eat it often. Especially beef. The cheap, bargain basement bacon is on sale this week for $5.99/lb. Yikes! Good thing that all three of my freezers are full......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes it is good to see people staying together. Here locally $5.99lb is normal at Target. At the local High Dollar grocery store it is $7.99lb. We don't buy that at the high dollar store. So far I haven't seen a lot of shortages, but everything else is either going up in price or down in volume of the container. Like Folgers Classic Roast.

      Delete