Saturday, September 25, 2021

Firewood

Firewood BTU Ratings Charts for Common Tree Species 

A friend of mine and his wife, Jorge and Karina, delivered a cord of wood to me today. I didn't really need it, but I decided what the heck.

I have the money now, and the way our government is going they might shut my social security off if I refuse the jab. Which my wife and I have both refused.

So, that brings me up to about 3 cords or so of wood, and with the mild winter I am expecting, I doubt if  we burn much over a cord this year.



It is almond wood. I have tried other woods in the past, and I have decided I prefer the almond wood. I paid $250 delivered and stacked, which is about the going price around here. 

Plus, I get to help a friend out, and visit with them for a while. All in all I thought it was worth it. 

That rubbermaid shed in the background, on the other hand, was not worth the money I paid for it. The entire shed has lasted okay, but the doors started coming off the second year I had it.





No comments:

Post a Comment