Monday, January 9, 2023

What happens when a state ignores a SCOTUS decision?

 



What happens if a state flatout ignores a supreme court decision?

This guy says new york and scotus are headed for a showdown. He says it will be interesting to see who blinks first new york or scotus.

My thinking is what can the supreme court do if new york refuses to follow the decision handed down in new york rifle and pistol association v. bruen.

What can they do? What authority does scotus have to force them to comply?

5 comments:

  1. If the Supreme Court can't enforce their decisions, then what right does the state have to enforce their laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this discussion the other day with a friend I have known for 50 years, and he is becoming more of a Fudd as time goes on. He pins all his hopes of The 2nd Amendment infringements going away on SCOTUS. But I tell him to look at what these Commie states (our own state of Kommiecticut included) do when SCOTUS doesn't rule in their favor, and SCOTUS does not have an armed enforcement unit to force compliance. He says he will never give up his firearms. I ask him what he's willing to do to prevent that? I absolutely scare the shit out of him when I tell him what I am willing to do. He says he will hand them over and then work to get them back through the courts when laws get overturned. I tell him many people will have to die on both sides before our rights are properly restored and all infringements are removed, and that I am willing to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. If you hand them over and work thru the courts you will NEVER get them back. The 2nd amendment should help to prevent that.

      Delete
  3. Couldn’t they just send in the FB… never mind.🤨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait a minute. If you're talking about the facebook police that's going a little far.

      Delete