Saturday, June 19, 2021

I Don't Get It

 I don't get life nowadays, I really don't.

I just now checked my email, and as usual I have several there about someone posting something on the nextdoor app. I signed up for that over a decade ago. I no longer have any login info but I still get emails and I guess that means I'm still logged in.

Anyway, one of the emails was asking about thermostat temp settings, so I clicked on it, to see her thoughts on the subject.

This lady asked the question, what is a normal setting for the thermostat?(I couldn't believe the numerous answers of "PGE says set it at 78) And I sat here for a few seconds digesting that. Did I read that right, this lady is asking other peoples opinions about what her normal temp setting should be?

Have we as a society degraded to the point that we can no longer be self reliant and figure that out for ourselves? I mean jesus h christ! Maybe the video Phil posted the other day about slipping manhood is quite true. Only maybe it's more than manhood, it appears that commonsense may be slipping as well.

I am not exactly sure about what I am whining. Maybe it's the lack of our younger people, say people below the age of 45, willing to get off their ass and work. Maybe it's the dumbing down of our young people which results in antifa and blm. 

Anyway, I told the lady she should set the thermostat where she damn well pleases. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

5 comments:

  1. Fred, there is absolutely no common sense and self reliance. Sheeple can not think for themselves and ask the stupidest questions and utter ridicules statements, but what do you expect for a demoncrat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True words. Just hate to see our country drawn down to this level.

      Delete
  2. I also joined the Nextdoor group in my area a couple years ago. It's amazing how stupid some people can be. Had one person recently who bought a set of hose nozzles and was selling them at a big discount because the fittings wouldn't work on their hose. I told him to just unscrew the plastic, quick change fitting that was on them and throw them away. Then everything would be fine. The ones that get me the most are people freaking out about wildlife. A woman posted that she saw a red fox at the edge of the woods behind her house that evening and was warning people in the area to keep their pets and children inside. For a fox? Not like it was rabid or anything. That's not the worst of it. It was unbelievable how many replies that she got from people thanking her, telling her to call the police, animal control or the game commission.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you got it exactly! These people are idiots!

      Delete
  3. I dumped that Nextdoor crap a year or two ago. Got tired of telling everyone to go fuck themselves.

    ReplyDelete