Tuesday, June 29, 2021

I got a weird text

 I was sitting here minding my own business, trying to decide whether i wanted a whang-o or a snickers when my work phone beeped at me about a text.

When my work phone beeps i always say oh crap etc. So I check it and the number is an absolutely brand spankin new one to me. It was from a 662 area code. I looked up the number and it was Aberdeen Mississippi. I am in Madera Calif.

This person says Hi. So I say Hi?

She says my name is Alexis, then sends a pic of herself. Pretty woman she is.

Then this girl says my husband is in the hospital can you send me $100?

I say: No.

The she says: Then we will meet.

I say: No.

Then I block her number. Definitely at 6 on the weirdness meter. At least for me.


6 comments:

  1. Should have told I need my wife's permission and hand the phone to her...fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a similar text last week. The woman was supposedly attempting to contact someone she met in the past. When I texted "wrong number", I received a text with a photo, and an offer to meet. I immediately blocked the number. It's an obvious scam, and a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new one for me also. Block the number I guess is the best plan. Then blog about it.

      Delete
  3. How come I don't get contacted by these babes? Could it be because my "phone" is a 1963 AT&T rotary wall phone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should upgrade to a pushbutton phone at least.

      Delete