Sunday, June 27, 2021

Spelling and Grammar

 Are spelling and grammar taught in our schools anymore? Or does everyone just rely on spellchecker and grammarly?

Just out of curiosity, who made spellchecker?  How do they know it spells words correctly? As an example, sheer and shear. Two different words, two different spellings, two different meanings. Yet some people use them inter changeably.

As a disclaimer, if any of my words have double letters that don't belong, it is an accident. My shaky hands make typing difficult sometime.

And grammarly? Who makes that? And who knows if their grammar is any better than yours or mine?

I believe every American should be taught grammar and spelling in grade school, junior high, and high school. Then maybe we can all understand each other again.

My daily whine is finished.

4 comments:

  1. You got cheese and crackers to go with that whine? See, proper spelling and grammar... I know, kiss off Kevin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pet peeve is incorrect use of apostrophes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does tend to change the meaning sometimes.

      Delete