Wednesday, March 16, 2022

I don't have a problem with this.

 Starbucks Is Getting Rid of Its Iconic Cups, Majorly Impacting Disney Guests

This action by starbutt will not affect me, since I won't go to their establishment anyway.

But it might affect several million people who do. 

Well boo hoo who gives a flyin crap.

Our society is a throw away society and that needs to stop. I am not talking about the good ole usofa I am talking about the whole damn planet.

Has anyone besides a relative few people thought about the impact of trillions of pounds of undegradable plastic in our earthen landfills, in the ocean? 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an environmental wacko, but damn. We all need to start thinking about the future. 

I have been a proponent of going back to the old way of doing things for several decades now. Cocacola bottles made of glass so I can take them back to the store and get my 5 cents back. Starbucks reusable ceramic mugs is a good start. Mcdonalds should take a look. Have you seen how much trash comes out of one mcdonalds on a daily basis? It is unbelievable.

And fast food isn't the only place that could benefit from reusable stuff. How about the auto parts industry? Very little of the parts used today can be rebuilt.  I haven't bought an alternator or starter in a long time, but the last time I did there was no core charge. Used to the old part got sent out and rebuilt. Maybe it was just the store I was at.

As I said, I am not an environmental wacko. But it is about time we stop crappin where we live.

2 comments:

  1. Bottles were returnable. Many other means of packaging were either designed for re-use, such as jelly jars that became juice glasses, or supported re-use, such as baby food jars being racked for small parts storage. Appliances, TV's, and sound equipment was built to be repaired. Somehow though, it's us "Boomers" who ruined the world...

    I'm no tree hugger either, but do believe we should only use what we need, and should leave the campsite cleaner than we found it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is exactly what I am talkin about!

      Delete