Monday, July 10, 2023

Night Light

 I used to keep lots more lights on at night than I do now. So in an effort to have a little more light during the night I looked on amazon for portable camping lights and I found and bought these:

FLRONGSUN Solar Bulb Light 350LM Solar Powered Portable Camping Light Led


They come in a set of two. I have been hanging one in my kitchen and one in my hallway at night. With the remote I can place the bulb on low setting, and it makes a wonderful nightlight to help me wander around without bumping into furniture. You know, when I go to the fridge and dig out a beef frank and a few Claussen pickle spears. Put salt on the pickle. MM MM good.

The set needs to be placed in the sun during the day for recharge. Or at least I think it does, I haven't tried running it two days in a row. I have gotten myself into the routine of setting these outside soon after I get up in the AM, and so far so good.

I am contemplating buying a couple more sets of these to use outside. I have a motion detector light mounted on the garage to deter nighttime visitors in my driveway, but the doggone motion detector defies my attempts to get it adjusted so it turns the light on when I want it to.

So I thought I might put one of these at the end of the driveway. The remote has a setting for on at dusk and off at dawn. 

At the very least maybe I can provide light for the brigands stealing my broken down truck.





2 comments:

  1. Solar power is never going to be the savior of the world the greenie leftist morons pretend it is but it IS useful at small scales for individual consumers as a way to fend off total darkness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. Small scale will work. There are many small solar lights available on amazon.

      Delete