Saturday, July 23, 2022

Executive Orders

 The American Presidency Project

The U.S. Constitution does not directly define or give the president authority to issue presidential actions, which include executive orders, presidential memoranda and proclamations.

What are your thoughts on executive orders?

I am of two minds about this. On the one hand I can see where it would be beneficial to me if the current president was of the same mindset as I am and used executive orders to make decisions I like.

On the other hand we have the democrats trying to force their green new deal on us.

So, I think I will err on the side of america and say it is time to stop executive orders.

5 comments:

  1. that is something I have been saying for a while now. they are not laws. those are passed by the clowns in congress, or they should be if they follow the rules. as they have no legal standing really.
    same thing with the stupid mandates- they are illegal by law as it is written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately they have the power of laws. Time to restrict the use of them.

      Delete
  2. This would be no different than disarming law-abiding gun owners because a few misuse guns! No, let's get rid of the abusers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the beginning of the Trump presidency.
    He was signing EO's and making changes and things were happening. Mostly they were just reversing Big Mike's boyfriends EO's. I told some people that were all giddy about this that although I was happy to see the changes, he wasn't a king and this is not how the country was setup to be run. 4 years later and the sniffer is behind the desk and he reversed all of Trump's EO's.
    We have a useless congress that hasn't done anything good for the country in decades. They're completely out of touch with the people and have abdicated most of their authority to a make believe king. So we get a merry go round that changes direction every 4-8 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is a power to be stolen by someone in office then you can bet it WILL be stolen....and used. The office of POTUS is no exception.

    ReplyDelete