Thursday, July 7, 2022

I think this guy needs to take a chill pill

 Incivility and ‘Combat Parking’ Syndrome

I was reading a post apocalytic fictional short story this morning. The author wrote a brief sentence containing the words "combat parking."

I have to admit I have never heard that term before, so I did what all good little boys do when they don't know anything, I looked to Mother Internet.

The article I linked to above was number two in the search results. Number one was a military veteran website, where I could find no mention of combat parking.

Anyway, combat parking is apparently where you BACK your vehicle into a parking space. This apparently allows you to be safer when exiting because you aren't backing up to exit.

I had a customer who had signs in their parking lot requiring all employees and visitors to back into the parking space. I always did because that particular customer was a tightass stickler for HIS rules. When he left the place became much more user friendly.

Now, I think the author of the above article is a flaming liberal, so don't hold it against me when you read it. Enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. In the oilfield workers park backed into their spot primarily because in case of an emergency event at a drilling sight folks need to vamoose muy pronto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And therein lies the definition of combat parking.

      Delete
  2. The reporter is a flaming liberal, he listens to NPR radio and he appropriates rednecks, said he was gonna throw out his fag phone out his truck window. My beef with most idiots (most people) in the parking lot and roads is the complete and utter disregard to using the damn mirrors God and GM/Ford/Chrysler gave you! The same goes for turn signals in the parking lots, yes they help tell others around where the hell you are going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turn signals?? I don need no steenkiin turn signals!

      Delete
  3. KGS had a no backing unless absolutely necessary. Further if there were 2 or more employees in the vehicle one WOULD get out and watch to prevent backing into something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camper cap on my dakota makes it difficult for me to see when backing up. So in parking lots I park way out in the hinterlands and drive thru the space so I can navigate out easier.

      Delete
  4. That's how I learned to park going to bars... Lot easier to drive out than to back out after having a couple (dozen).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think thats what I should have done. My old 69 buick got a lot of scrapes that way.

      Delete
  5. Hm..."everybody " parks that way in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats cause they're always in combat mode due to illegals.

      Delete