Saturday, July 16, 2022

Gas pricing is strange.

 What the heck is going on with gas prices?

I recently paid about $5.80 per gallon, which about 2 weeks before I paid about $6.09 per gallon and 2 weeks before that I paid about $6.49 per gallon.

Today I drove down hiway 145 into madera, and there is an EZ Trip gas station advertising gas at $4.75 per gallon. WTF?? This station had a grand opening 1 week ago, so that could be why that is. Don't know.

1/2 mile down the road is a chevron station advertising gas at $5.49 per gallon. WTF? That is a $0.75 cent per gallon difference. !WTF!!

Went to the valero about a mile away from me, both the valero and sinclair are at $5.39 per gallon.

But at least we don't got no mean tweeters out there.


4 comments:

  1. Corporate owned gas stations almost always charge significantly more for gas than the independents. Why that is can be debated
    but it's been that way as long as I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. Chevron especially. I think $4.75 was just a grand opening special. I'll be that way sometime this week and see if i is still that low.

      Delete
  2. did you ever in your life think you would long for $4/gal gas??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just told my brother in Texas that very thing!

      Delete