Saturday, July 9, 2022

Screw using gasoline. Let's all build a gasifier.

 Handbook of Biomass Downdraft Gasifier Engine Systems

In this day of high gasoline prices, I would like to have an alternative means of travel other than Shank's Mare.

However, I know how lazy I am, and I can pretty much guarantee I will not walk anywhere, nor will I endeavor to build a gasifier for my automobile.

But, I know that many of you are quite capable of performing such a feat, and so I offer here some plans I found for a biomass fired gasifier.

Many of the post apocalyptic fiction novels I have read use the concept of a gasifier as a save all cure all for the ailments of the postapocalyptic world. 

I don't know if I share that sentiment or not. I know how persnickety mechanical devices can get, and so sometimes I think trying to get one to work properly may require more effort than it is worth.

But in any event, if this idea can be made to work, it sure beats the hell out of walking don't it?


3 comments:

  1. As I understand them, once assembled correctly and fired up, only have to feed it wood...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the "correctly" part that will get ya.
      The gases are corrosive is my understanding.

      Delete
  2. From what I've read and heard about wood gassification once you get the bugs ironed out they work pretty good. Of course the actual burning of wood has been or will be made illegal in America. So such devices won't be allowed. Try getting permission to heat your home with a wood stove in Kali or certain other locales.....you'd easier get permission to turn babies into jam and jelly.

    ReplyDelete