Friday, October 21, 2022

Price Jump

 Have you ever heard that old saying You snooze you lose?

That's what happened to me.

A couple weeks ago I saw a harbor freight predator 3500 inverter generator.  The price was $699.00. Didn't get it at the time because, money.

Well, guess what? I went yesterday to pick it up and the price had changed. Okay, no biggie. I can pay a little extra.

Uh uh, no way jose. The price is now $929 goddamn dollars! 

Holy crap! That's a 33% increase. I asked the guy about it. He said the $699 was sale price. I don't remember seeing any sale stickers.

I would like to get the unit, but I'm not paying any thousand bucks for it. 



4 comments:

  1. Don't know how far your China (back when, they sold even worse kwap tools from India and Pakistan!) tool outlet is? But in mine, they have a clearance table, in the back.
    One day, they had the small inverter generator, open box. For $200! After going to retrieve funds, and returning. It was already gone. Go everyday. Patience Grasshopper :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't seen a clearance table at this one.

      Delete
  2. To quote one of my faves ... Douglas Adams [who died in a crappy gym, in Santa Bablyon (but at least he got there!)].

    Don't panic.

    Before the Junta destroyed the whole of the economy?

    https://www.amazon.com/stores/EGOPower/page/3E9FC552-7878-40CE-A5C2-38D7D90DE69D?ref_=ast_bln

    ReplyDelete
  3. And more specifically?

    https://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-PST3041-Portable-Station/dp/B07VVDVTJ1?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

    ReplyDelete