Monday, October 10, 2022

Proper storage of ammo will help maintain its life

 10 Common Ammo Storage Mistakes

To any federal or state or local law enforcement type out there who might read this, I don't have any ammo.

Storage of ammo is important to keep it viable for future use. Unless you are fortunate enough to live where a background check for buying ammo is not required, then you can buy it and shoot it up without having to worry about storage.

Here where I live a background check for buying ammo is required, and if you are trying to buy some for a caliber you don't have a registration for, it ain't happenin. Don't worry about the 2nd Amendment fella, you just do what we tell ya, be a good little boy and you won't get hurt.

My father in law many years ago gave me some 22 ammo that he said was about 20 years old at that time. I have fired a bunch of it with no problems. I still have probably 500 rounds of it left, so its gotta be about 30 years old by now. 

Might have to go shoot it up someday.


4 comments:

  1. I inherited a couple of ammo boxes from a uncle that are full of boxes with brass Remington Best 12ga. 00 buckshot. The internet says they are from WW2. Every one I have ever fired has worked. I have taken a few deer with them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brass 12 gauge! Wow. Wouldn't mind having that myself.

      Delete
  2. A few years ago, I shot .38 special ammo that belonged to my father and was at least 50 years old. No problems whatsoever. Always stored in a dark, dry place at controlled room temperature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the ticket, dark, dry, and cool temps.

      Delete